2012-05-14

Birding on Öland 120502

Click to enlarge All photos 120502
World Bird Wednesday LXXVIII
NF Waters     Our World Tuesday     Water World 15

120502 Wednesday
Jag vaknade kl 5.50 så det var lika bra att gå upp och göra sig i ordning.

I woke up at 5,50 a bit early, but I went up just the same. I would not have slept any more anyway. So better get started. It took some time to get ready even if I had done most of the packing and preparations last night.
I as ready to start at 7.50 and headed towards Norrköping, GPS and all. GPS is good but not always reliable. It took me the old way in to Norrköping and then I got lost because the turns were to close to one another. Well, GPS always know how to lead you another way so finally I got out the right way and continued south to Gamleby.
.
I arrived at Gamleby around 10 and then I took the old way down to Västervik. I stoped at Segersgärde to see it there were any birds and to have a cup of coffe and a sandwich. There was not much birds, mainly greylag goose.

I continued down to Västervik and then took the main road down to Kalmar.

I stoped at Emån for another cup of coffe. I reached Kalmar and the Öland bridge after almost 6h in the car, at 13.30.  
View from the traffic resting place at Emån where I had a break.

Ölandsbron - Öland bridge seen from Öland with Kalmar on the mainland in the background. The bridge is a little more then 6.000 m long.

I stoped at Bejershamn at 14.00 for the first birding walk. Sun shining and it was warm. Down here it is much greener then at home. I love that. :)
I birded along the shore and saw some ducks and waders and some others.
Pied Avocet /skärfläcka, chaffinch / bofink, graylag goose / grågås,canadian goose / kanadagås, Shelduck / gravand, sea eagle / havsörn, Yellow Wagtail  / gulärla 12 st, different waders /vadare, ruff / brushane, Common ringed plover  / strandpipare, barn swallow / Ladusvala
Kärrsnäppor / Dunlins in Bejershamn NF Photo 120502, collage
,
After a while it started to get windy and the wind was cold and I had my warm outfit in the car.
:( So I headed back. It was time anyway as I had to be at the Vandrarhem at 17.00h. There was not much people so I got a room for myself. I got settled in and had my dinner.

Then I took the car down to Ottenby Bird Observatory.

At the driveway down to the observatory I was greeted by this gorgeous couple. Skedand / Northern Shoveler



The Lighthouse Långe Jan / Tall John

I went back to the Youth Hostel when the sun set. 20.50.
But before I went back to the Hosel for the night  I got myself a new header to the Photoblog.
You can see it here: NF Photo

To see the birds from Öland go HERE
To see Öland Photography go HERE

Fåglar:
Flockar m Kärrsnäppa, årta 3 st, småtärna flyg o dyk.
Ladusvala,hussvala,skedand,strandskata,större strandpipare,kråka,skarv,säl,rödhake,sv-v flugsnappare, gärdsmyg, rödstjärt,eider,knölsvan,skrattmås, snatterand,
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful bucolic scenes!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic world you have!! I particularly love the birds in flight and the lighthouse! Wonderful, colorful captures for the day! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vilken äventyrlig resa!!! Dina vackra bilder bevisar att din resa var lyckad. Hit kommer många "fågel-fotografer" och jag är imponerad över deras uthållighet. En dag kanske du dyker upp här nere också...du är sååå välkommen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been quite excited to see the Northern Shovelers. Sounds like you had a lovely time away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely trip, the scenery is gorgeous and of course I love the ducks. I hope you have a great time and see lots of wonderful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous15 May, 2012

    Feels a bit like a fairy-tale, seen from here. Wonderful. Please have a good Tuesday.


    daily athens photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really must visit Öland - it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day birding amongst such a lovely countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super flotte billeder du altid viser.
    Ønsker dig en god dag.
    Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos of your trip, and I could sense your excitement as you prepared to leave early in the morning. I especially enjoyed the Northern Shovelers. We have them here, but I only catch sight of them once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great photos of the ducks. Also loved the view of the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely day out! You got some great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful atmosphere in your photos and fine sharp bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for taking us on your trip! Love the 3rd view and the photo with the birds flying the most -beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The scenic photos are beautiful and you saw some good birds. It sounds like a nice place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jättefina bilder!! Dit skulle jag vilja åka nångång.../Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Herlig å se disse. Har sett skjeanda, - men da hadde jeg ikke kamera tilgjengelig! Ørland er et flott sted!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderfully picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful place and looks very peaceful too. Thanks for linking..
    Water World Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful place to spend a day with your camera in hand. Loved all of your pictures. genie

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful place. Love the views :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful pictures - shoveler are one of my favourite ducks!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  23. delightful photos. the reflection in the first photo is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  24. delightful photos. the reflection in the first photo is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such scenic countryside! Adore the birds in flight and the two swimming ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing place to go birding -- the scenery alone is fantastic, and the birds make it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful place to go bird watching.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Estou passeando por seus blogs!

    São todos lindos, Vc é uma

    Magnífica Fotógrafa!

    Brasil!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Travel blog :)