2011-03-29

Costa Rica 110212 Saturday Tapanti

Translate? See Google translation in the sidebar!
 
 
Click to enlarge All photos, NF Photo 110212  in CR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woke up at 4. We are getting used to our going home times now. And I guess we wanted to get some birdingtime back from yesterdays adventure.  We grabbed some sandwiches and juice from the hotel. And a quick cup of coffee before we left.
We drove through a still dark Cartago towards the Tapanti Nat park. We arrived at the center at dawn. But as we were early we continued to see if we could find any pittas. And they showed themselves, problem was that only 4 of us could see them as the path was narrow and we went in single line.  And I was in the rear so I did not see them. :(
Then we went to the center and had our "breakfast". There was a couple of rooms in the center where animals was on display. I think they were researching too. Some Chestnut-headed Oropendola was building nests in one of the trees. It was fun to watch.

Then we went along the road for awhile. When we neared lunchtime we left for another lodge. Trushas Kiri Tapanti, But I was not hungry so I skiped the restaurant and walked along the stream for a while. I had some of the breakfast left and ate it there. Then I birded.
After that we could choose if we wanted to continue birding or go back to the lodge and start packing for our journey home. All women except me went back to the lodge but I stayed with the guys.
Emil let us off at a coffee plantation. I took some shots of coffee beans and flowers but not much birds. When teh bus returned we headed back to the center and birded along the way. And now it started to rain. The only discomfort , as I had the rain poncho,was that it darkened. So the pics of a Barred hawk was too dark. And the darkness was too bad because Herman discovered a red deer he never seen before. The deer was in a ravine and it was really dark. I did not get shots, only blurrrr. After that I was tired and went into the bus.

Back at the lodge around 16.30 it was packing time. And I went online and sent the journal to myself. This is the first Lodge where I have seen cockroaches. A total of three different ones. And big ones. I hope they will not be in my suitcase.

When we were piced up by the bus it was still raining. And raining hard. We went across the town to  a big restaurant. Today we were invited by our agent, Walter. There were wery loud music and the rain on the roof. It was almost impossible to hear your own thoughts. They had to lower the music. Dinner was good and we had wine to it. I sat at the window and saw that the buildings has no light in the windows. I wouldl only see streetlights wich seemd a bit confusing. Walter gave us presents. Small paintings in frames. I had seen them before at the Quetzals Paradize. It is CR birds painted on feathers. Really great.

We are going up ad 3.45 for departure to the airport at 4.30. No bird lists tonight, we will do it at the airport tomorrow.
Last, short, night in Costa Rica.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
More about CR here:
Costa Rica Birdblogg

OM NÅGON FRÅN RESAN LÄSER DET HÄR SÅ VORE DET ROLIGT OM NI VILLE GE ER TILL KÄNNA. TRYCK BARA PÅ ORDET "KOMMENTARER" UNDER INLÄGGET SÅ KAN NI SKRIVA NÅGOT!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my Travel blog :)